•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade LX65

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bcksknr

bcksknr

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: La Crosse, WI.

Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:02 PM

I have a Meade LX65 Go To mount. When I try to do an "easy" alignment, the altitude axis seems to slew to the correct height angle. usually using Arcturus. However, the azimuth motor just continues to rotate the mount around and around, without stopping on its own. I've done a factory reset, made sure all of the settings are correct and nothing seems to stop this "runaway" rotation. Unless I can fix this, I have a non-go to mount. What can I do? Our club president, who sold it to me, said that this never happened for him. 

#2 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 14 May 2022 - 09:10 PM

Could you have him demonstrate it for you after you show him what you do??    Past that,  just guessing, weak batteries, bad connection.   Encoder does not know when to stop.   Is there a specific procedure for start up, homing then star align.  Does it home OK or send an error message??      I am just guessing at all of this, I do not own a meade mount, but my neighbor has a LX200 and I remember it spinning around to a certain position and stopping.  Then it guides him through the star alignment process.    Joe

You could post on Meade Specific side of the house of CN.

#3 michael8554

michael8554

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Wiltshire UK

Posted 15 May 2022 - 05:04 AM

Set the mount to Terrestrial mode, and note the Az handset readings when you rotate 90 degrees in Az using the handset.

If it's not a 90 degree difference, or the readings don't change as you slew in Az, you probably have a problem with the Az encoder.

#4 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 15 May 2022 - 06:15 AM

Moving to the  Meade Computerized Forum for a potentially better fit.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics