•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Canon EOS SL3/250D

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 EvolutionaryPS

EvolutionaryPS

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:25 PM

Hi just got a Canon EOS SL3/250D. I'm connecting to a Celestron Nexstar Evolution 8. My understanding is I use the focal reducer, the Celestron SCT T-Adapter and the camera via the T ring. What else should I know, anyone with suggested settings? Filters? Oh and where is the moon filter best placed in this set up?

#2 SpaceMax

SpaceMax

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 May 2022 - 08:22 PM

The imaging train configuration you listed is correct. If the camera is unmodified, then I would only recommend a CLS or general light pollution clip in filter, directly into the camera mount. Not sure what the moon filter is intended for? It is not needed for photos - the moon can be correctly exposed without filters. Visually, the moon filter goes on the eyepiece, which goes into the diagonal, which attaches to the visual back (I think yours is an SCT) or focuser draw tube.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics