•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Able to get one photo of the lunar eclipse, before clouds broke up the party...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jasonjeremiah

jasonjeremiah

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Hanahan SC

Posted 16 May 2022 - 01:10 PM

I set up last night, hoping to get multiple images of the lunar eclipse in various phases.  I knew going in, my chances would be slim as clouds were in the forecast and possible pop up thunderstorms.  I set up anyway, hoping a pop up shower wouldn't ruin my equipment.  

There was a narrow window of less than 5 minutes, in which a canopy opened in the thick, white clouds and I was able to get this one shot right after totality had begun.  Taken from my driveway in Hanahan, SC at 11:31 PM EDT.  The clouds closed up soon after and that was it for the night.  Taken with a Nikon D5500 through an Orion ED80 with flattener.  BTW - no post processing was done to this photo other than cropping.  I prefer to keep lunar images as they appear rather than oversaturating and overexposing in post to highlight the "orange" look.  

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.JPG

Edited by jasonjeremiah, 16 May 2022 - 01:30 PM.

• SabiaJD, Kenny V., TerryWood and 7 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics