•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Controls and settings Meade RCX400 - 20"

Meade Mount
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BertCZ

BertCZ

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 May 2022 - 12:42 PM

Hello. I am a satisfied user of Meade LX200 - 16". I would like to buy OTA Meade RCX400 - 20" for visual observation. However, buying a Meade MAX Motorized Equatorial Telescope Mount is now difficult or almost impossible. So my question is: is it possible to fully operate the OTA Meade RCX400 - 20" other than through the Meade MAX Motorized Equatorial Telescope Mount? I am thinking primarily of focusing, collimation, and other operations specific to the interaction between the OTA RCX400- 20" and the Meade MAX Mount. Thank you for your answers.

Edited by BertCZ, 18 May 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#2 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Soyuz

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 18 May 2022 - 04:56 PM

Hello. I am a satisfied user of Meade LX200 - 16". I would like to buy OTA Meade RCX400 - 20" for visual observation. However, buying a Meade MAX Motorized Equatorial Telescope Mount is now difficult or almost impossible. So my question is: is it possible to fully operate the OTA Meade RCX400 - 20" other than through the Meade MAX Motorized Equatorial Telescope Mount? I am thinking primarily of focusing, collimation, and other operations specific to the interaction between the OTA RCX400- 20" and the Meade MAX Mount. Thank you for your answers.

Those controls occur through the handset.  I would suggest joining the Meade RCX400 group on groups.io and asking your question.  I am not sure if the 20" requires connection to the rest of the mount electronics to boot up or if you can simply run a power switch to the electronics and it will 'boot' on it's own.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Meade, Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics