•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Logan Valley Star Party (OR); June 21-26

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 medderx

medderx

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle

Posted 23 May 2022 - 03:57 AM

Have not seen any mention of it here on CN so figured I would throw it out there. 5th year of this small event, and best of all its free. 

Logan Valley resides in Eastern Oregon approximately 23 miles SE from the city of John Day and is at an altitude of 5,100ft. 44°11'12.36"N, 118°37'1.52"W. 

Weather conditions have been somewhat bipolar ranging from afternoon thunderstorms to 90F and cloudless. Can be slightly breezy but goes still once the sun sets.

Nights have been everything from overcast to dewy/hazy to crystal clear. When it is cloudy, 33-50% of the time they will clear out around midnight enough for visual if not completely. Have had multiple fantastic nights with 5/5 transparency and seeing down to around 1 arcsec if I recall correctly. 

Bortle 1 and generally darker than any other sites in the greater PNW as far as I am aware.   

https://sites.google...valleystarparty

integration1_ABE.jpg

integration1_clone1.jpg

Galaxies ranging from Mag 15-19

m16.1.jpg

• Bill Jensen and RedshiftRob like this

#2 Starman47

Starman47

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bortle 5 and getting more light polluted each day

Posted 23 May 2022 - 08:39 AM

waytogo.gif

#3 KidOrion

KidOrion

Vanguard

• Loc: Eugene, OR

Posted 03 June 2022 - 07:23 AM

I really, really, really want to get there one of these years, but this year I had to have my foot surgically reconstructed and it looks like someone ran it through a document shredder. I’m out of action (even locally) until July, if not August.

#4 WadeH237

WadeH237

Cosmos

• Moderators
  • Loc: Ellensburg, WA

Posted 20 June 2022 - 07:12 PM

Well, I think that I am ready for Logan Valley.

I have the camper set up with more food than I will need (by far).  I have all of my clothing, red lights, etc. packed.  The cargo trailer is packed with the astro gear, portable grill, etc.

The 10 day forecast looks as good as I've ever seen it ahead of LVSP, so I am hoping for some nice nights of observing.

I'll hit the road early in the morning, looking forward to seeing everyone there!

-Wade

• KidOrion likes this

#5 RedshiftRob

RedshiftRob

Explorer 1

• Loc: Mill Creek, WA

Posted 20 June 2022 - 09:18 PM

Not heading down until Thursday morning, but I've got everything lined up to get packed..   I've been looking forward to getting back out for a very long time!

-S 

• KidOrion likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics