•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Viewing with my Unitrons!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

What a windy weekend around here! Yesterday though was absolutely gorgeous though windy.

Just thought I'd just mention that I spent time in my observatory last night observing the Moon with my Unitron 4 inch model 152 along with the 2.4 inch model 114 ota, riding piggyback atop the 4 incher, in the set of Unitron guide scope rings and Uniclamps. All the optics are nicely cleaned, collimated and aligned with respect to each other.

I had the Unihex Rotary eyepiece holders loaded with the Unitron eyepieces and all sharply focused on the Moon itself. It was quite a treat to see the Moon with two excellent telescopes at once.

There was no chromatic abberation seen with either scope at all and the views of the Moon was just stunning. I particularly enjoyed sitting back in my chair and just looking at my telescopes set up and pointing at the Moon. That Unitron is just plain old majestic!

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:15 PM

Lenny, how fitting that your 1000th post will likely be a Unitron post! You will then be the Unitron Poo-Bah.

Congrats on the scopes.

Clear dark skies...

MikeG

#3 trainsktg

trainsktg

Aurora

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:19 PM

The nice thing with the Unitrons is the great overall mechanical engineering of the equipment...the innovative Unihex EP holders, the extremely stable mounts, the smooth drives with no backlash, etc.

Its also doesn't hurt that they hold their value so well.

Sounds like you had a great time, Lenny.

Keith

#4 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

He Lenny,

...... did the Moon look like this?

Attached Thumbnails

• 1225629-4Lenny.jpg

#5 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

WOW! My 1000th post! FINALLY!!!
:yay: :yay: :thewave: :thewave: :band: :band: :band: :band: :thewave: :thewave: :yay: :yay:
Hey JW How are ya!!?? You really like to flaunt that picture around, huh? Really, it is an image similar to looking out of the porthole of the 'ol Apollo missions, back when we were young!

#6 JWW

JWW

Apollo

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:53 PM

Lenny,

That picture ... has been reprocessed with the latest and greatest v4 of Registax, using the new MAP feature.

Got the first shipment of the Unitron yesterday (meaning the 75mm guide scope, wooded box and all its accessories).

-JW:

#7 Awesomelenny

Awesomelenny

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:59 AM

I was reading elsewhere about that latest version of Registax. I am going to have to download that and play with it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics