•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY Polemaster horizontal lines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gianluca67

Gianluca67

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 24 May 2022 - 04:48 PM

I have recently got a QHY Polemaster. It works well but sometimes I can see some horizontal lines in the frame. The same thing happens with another unit with its own cable. Any idea of what may be causing this effect?

Thank you

Gianluca

Attached Thumbnails

• pole master  horizontal lines1.jpg

#2 Oyaji

Oyaji

Viking 1

• Loc: Central Illinois, USA

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:23 PM

Be thankful it works at all on your laptop.  It doesn't work on several of my laptops, and on the laptop I use for polar alignment, I have to run an mp4 file in the background to make it work!  

I see those lines once in a while but they don't affect the polar alignment.  

#3 ColdyNitesNC

ColdyNitesNC

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada City, Ca

Posted 24 May 2022 - 06:55 PM

Those are interesting. Almost looks like a bar code.

#4 Yilia Yu

Yilia Yu

QHY CCD

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: HongKong,China

Posted 25 May 2022 - 01:34 AM

Hello, you've tried to change a cable or USB port, but not work?

#5 Gianluca67

Gianluca67

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 May 2022 - 04:48 AM

Yes, I have tried 3 different USB ports on my laptop and I have also changed the cable but this effect is still present. It is not always present however. Sometimes it disappears for a few seconds or becomes less prominent before returning at that magnitude.

#6 Yilia Yu

Yilia Yu

QHY CCD

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: HongKong,China

Posted 26 May 2022 - 12:48 AM

Yes, I have tried 3 different USB ports on my laptop and I have also changed the cable but this effect is still present. It is not always present however. Sometimes it disappears for a few seconds or becomes less prominent before returning at that magnitude.

Thanks for your feedback. Please contact our technician at cha@qhyccd.com about this issue, and let him check for you.

Best regards,

Yilia

#7 Gianluca67

Gianluca67

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 May 2022 - 09:55 AM

I think I have solved the issue. If I run a video in loop with windows media player the lines disappear and the download from the Polemaster is very fast and smooth. I have read of this potential solution in an older thread of CN. The issue is due to the CPU power supply that seems not to be adjustable in the newest laptops. Running a short video in loop  forces the power supply to its maximum level. You can iconise the player on your desktop. Easy fix after all.

Gianluca

Edited by Gianluca67, 26 May 2022 - 02:05 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics