•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astro tech 66ed refractor mounting advice needed

Accessories 3d printing
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevec9957

stevec9957

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 May 2022 - 12:03 AM

HI All: After a long hiatus I am back into astronomy. I have a little Astrotech 66ed that I want to mount on a little Televue alt az mount. Does anyone know if a ring is made for this purpose? Also, Is it ok to store a Celestron 6se outside under a tarp. Finally, I have beautiful Rick Singer Starmaster Shorty ELT DOB with an 8” Zambuto mirror. I’m thinking of selling it. Do you think there is much of a market for it? Also, it is setup with encoders that work fine. Thanks 

Steve

Denver

#2 ngc7319_20

ngc7319_20

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: MD

Posted 26 May 2022 - 01:05 AM

If it is the AT 66ED (not the 60ED) there should be a ring already on the scope and a shoe that takes a 1/4-20 screw.  All you need is the 1/4-20 screw?

Celestron 6SE under tarp: it would be OK for a day or two.  But longer term I would be concerned about moisture condensation and critters getting in there.

8" Starmaster / Zambuto / encoders: yes, very strong market...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, 3d printing

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics