•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best imaging capture software

Astrophotography CCD CMOS Imaging Meade Software Video Astronomy
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fredman

fredman

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lisbon, Portugal

Posted 26 May 2022 - 05:40 AM

Hi all,

This is my first time in this forum but not my first time on all things astronomy.

Until last year I "used" a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ and a Nikon D5100 with the proper adaptor for taking photos. I say "used" because it has been sitting on my home office taking a lot a space and I wasn't using it at all, so I decided to sell it. But I di spent a lot of time trying to know how to use it but never got anything out of it other than the moon.

Now I am about to inherit a Meade ETX-70 from my dad and since this as GoTo system I decided to enter, again, the astrophotography world in DYI mode.

I got a Logitech C270 and I'll be getting the adapter for the telescope from a 3d printing company, if things get on track I might be asking for a good one on my birthday 😁

I have downloaded SharpCap and I'm learning how to use it. Whould you say that this is a good (free) software or is(are) there any other(s) better than this?

To all the pros-gurus out there any info is welcome.

Thank you.

#2 ziggeman

ziggeman

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 26 May 2022 - 07:39 AM

Etx is a nice first goto :) I have a Etx 80, Love it!

Because Etx70 is a small telescope with a small mount, that should not be stressed with too heavy cameras, I would go for a smartphone plus a smartphone adapter. Nice pictures can be taken! https://www.cloudyni...trophotography/

:)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, CCD, CMOS, Imaging, Meade, Software, Video Astronomy

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics