•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

the 850nm twilight zone -the color camera trick-

EAA
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GHBEDDING

GHBEDDING

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: earth.

Posted 28 May 2022 - 08:31 AM

for all those color camera owners with astrosolar film.    this is a NON-visual wavelength. Camera only.

*shrug*  when groups are told something is not gonna work- they stop lifting stones.

there are still plenty of stones out there to lift up and find new things. 

Trust me-  ive been lifting stones for a lonnnnnng time and found many gem's

$39.00 for the filter-  and will almost certainly show better results than the 393nm filters.

response.png

Basler_acA1920-155uc_Spectral_Response.J

Edited by GHBEDDING, 28 May 2022 - 08:34 AM.

#2 Great Attractor

Great Attractor

Vendor - ImPPG Imaging Software

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Switzerland

Posted 28 May 2022 - 10:31 AM

$39.00 for the filter-  and will almost certainly show better results than the 393nm filters.

Do you have a link to that particular 850 nm filter? I have in mind trying out several 10-20 nm bands, on the long (~800 nm) and short (~400 nm) side.

#3 GHBEDDING

GHBEDDING

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: earth.

Posted 28 May 2022 - 03:09 PM

Do you have a link to that particular 850 nm filter? I have in mind trying out several 10-20 nm bands, on the long (~800 nm) and short (~400 nm) side.

Just mentioning the antlia 850nm long pass filter-  there are probably better options  (but $39.00 according to google)

i cannot post links to purchase items or favor one company over another-    im not a vendor and i do not endorse specific products (despite the clear fact some are better than others)

any 850nm filter should work- the cutoff of camera sensors drops pretty rapidly past 850nm and the astrosolar film probably kills it off entirely.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EAA

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics