•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A way to attach the svbony guide scope onto the back of the Esprit 120?

Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NateTheBeginner

NateTheBeginner

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:29 PM

Hello! Recently, the Svbony 106 60mm guide telescope arrived at my front door. And ever since then, I tried finding a way to attach it to the top of the tube rings on the Esprit 120, but with no luck. I have been told to order a larger dovetail by others, but I worry that if I purchase a dovetail, it will not fit or the holes will not be large or small enough. Both tube rings connected to the Esprit are about a foot apart. I also have been told to attach the guide scope instead to the finder scope fixture, but I also have been advised against doing it. 

The manual only had this to say:     Tube Rings        With 3" (D Style) dovetail plate. I could not find any more info in the manual.

So if possible, if anyone is willing to help me on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

#2 SchoolMaster

SchoolMaster

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:49 PM

I have one, but use if for finding, not guiding.  On my 80ED I put a long Vixen dovetail between the rings, a small Vixen dovetail on the guide-scope and bough an ADM female - female clamp.  My C8 also has a second dove tail, So I can mount any of my OTA on my C8.

The dovetail provided fits in a standard finder shoe.

Plan B would be to fit a dovetail on top of your Espirit and get a pair of Vixen compatible finder rings from ADM.

Edited by SchoolMaster, 28 May 2022 - 03:11 PM.

#3 Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 28 May 2022 - 01:15 PM

Either slide in finder shoe or get a plate for the top of your scope, bolt the plate to the scope and the finder to the plate.

Joe

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics