•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Problems with my focuser or need tilt plate?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrbirth

mrbirth

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brazil - Sao Paulo - Bragança Paulista

Posted 29 May 2022 - 08:07 AM

Good morning guys, any suggestion for sensor tilt correction?? Will you need a tilt plate or adjustments to the focuser? I did the test yesterday with the Reflector CF 200mm f5 Coletti optics and Dony de Castro mechanics (curved spider secondary mirror). There were 1 frame, the tilt of the sensor is noticeable, the coma corrector didn't handle it (the distance was the best I could get by testing the focus at the 83mm ends).
Newton Coletti 200 f5 reflector - NEQ6-Pro - Zwo asi1600mm - gain139 -15°

Ha_-15.00_300.00s_0002 (Médio).jpg

IMG_20220529_093912184 (Médio).jpg

#2 cuzimthedad

cuzimthedad

Just Be Cuz

• Moderators
  • Loc: Nampa, ID

Posted 29 May 2022 - 09:49 AM

Moving to Beginning Deep Sky Imaging...

#3 fewayne

fewayne

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Madison, WI, USA

Posted 29 May 2022 - 10:17 AM

Two suggestions:
1) Download ASTAP and use it to analyze the tilt quantitatively. If you're using NINA, Frank (of Metaguide fame) has worked on a plug-in for the same purpose.

2) I do not own one, but everything I've read about the Gerd Neuman tilt corrector has been positive, and it's a beautiful design. I have a bespoke TC for my Astro-Tech, or I would get a GN one. https://www.gerdneum...lting-unit.html
  • mrbirth likes this

#4 mrbirth

mrbirth

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brazil - Sao Paulo - Bragança Paulista

Posted 30 May 2022 - 06:58 AM

Two suggestions:
1) Download ASTAP and use it to analyze the tilt quantitatively. If you're using NINA, Frank (of Metaguide fame) has worked on a plug-in for the same purpose.

2) I do not own one, but everything I've read about the Gerd Neuman tilt corrector has been positive, and it's a beautiful design. I have a bespoke TC for my Astro-Tech, or I would get a GN one. https://www.gerdneum...lting-unit.html

Thanks fewayne, I'll follow both suggestions and do new tests.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics