•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

another heads-up!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

I don't know this guy, but it looks real and if it is real then it's a rare opportunity!

http://www.astromart...ified_id=274819

#2 erik

erik

telescope surgeon

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:05 PM

how much is it, i don't see the price anywhere....i almost PM'd you to tell you about an astromart scope yesterday, john. did you see the celestron 14" for $2000 including tripod? i guess it was an older one that had been repainted but had newer optics installed in 2001. by the time i had scanned through the rest of the list of scopes, it was marked "sale pending". guess you have to move fast with a deal like that!

#3 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • topic starter

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:45 PM

how much is it, i don't see the price anywhere....

He's asking $4150 for it.

An oriange-tube C14 with forkmount & tripod will sell very quickly at $3000; at $2000 it would be a steal no matter how poorly painted!

#4 erik

erik

telescope surgeon

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

yeah, i couldn't believe it. and the guy was very up front about the condition of it (aside from the paint, the tube had a couple of holes drilled out where he had originally installed accessories but had them covered with removable plates). but the new optics made it a really sweet deal. if i had an extra $2K handy i would've grabbed it.

#5 Rushwind

Rushwind

Vanguard

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:52 AM

Anyone else not like the new-and-improved astromart? You can't see the prices unless you log in. grumble.

Jimbo

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:19 AM

Yeah, it was easier to navagate before the changes.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics