•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Seeing if any Old Bino Forum folks are still here (2004-2008)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Albie

Albie

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Alberta,Canada

Posted 25 June 2022 - 08:03 AM

I'm still here , mostly lurking . I used to hang out mostly in reflectors and eyepieces back when I joined . These days it is mostly binoculars and nature .

Edited by Albie, 25 June 2022 - 08:11 AM.

• Glassthrower likes this

#27 Albie

Albie

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Alberta,Canada

Posted 25 June 2022 - 08:10 AM

Hi Folks!

Wow, a lot of old names that are a blast from the past.

What happened to our intrepid moderator and resident optics guru EdZ? Is he still around? 

Is Kenny Jones still lurking around watching chimneys? Is Bill Cook still extant (our old resident binocular curmudgeon)? 

It is a shame we don't see more from these people .  EdZ's thorough reports , Bill's shooting from the hip no nonsense style and Kenny's wonderful sense of humour .

• edwincjones and Glassthrower like this

#28 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Oort Cloud 9

Posted 25 June 2022 - 10:04 AM

It is a shame we don't see more from these people .  EdZ's thorough reports , Bill's shooting from the hip no nonsense style and Kenny's wonderful sense of humour .

My memory isn't what it used to be, so I am sure I am forgetting a few folks. I also know that a few have passed on, like Milt. I remember Steve Napier and Kenny Jones having their mock insult battles and driving the mods nuts trying to determine if they were kidding or being serious. I also forgot about Bill and his big 150mm Fujinons up in the Sierra mountains. I am still jealous of those views and Ed Jones' views with those Fujinon artillery pieces. Great stuff.

Cameron, Clive, CESDewar (forget real name), Jack, and there are others on the tip of my tongue that I just can't seem to recall, but would recognize them if I heard them. I often get screen-names and real names confused when digging this far back in time.

I got on Facebook for a while several years back and I found a lot of Cloudy Nights people on there. I saw EdZ on Facebook once in a while, but we rarely interacted. I deleted my account a few years back because I got tired of the toxicity on social media and missed civil rational venues like CN. 

• f18dad likes this

#29 Mark9473

Mark9473

Voyager 1

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 25 June 2022 - 12:52 PM

Anybody know what happened to Mr. Bill?

• avid_dk likes this

#30 edwincjones

edwincjones

Close Enough

Posted 25 June 2022 - 04:41 PM

Anybody know what happened to Mr. Bill?

Last I heard he was on his back porch in north CA with dark skies and big binoculars,

but it has been a while.

edj

• Mark9473 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics