•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Weather is really changing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 grif 678

grif 678

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 23 June 2022 - 08:55 PM

This year we have had weather that is not the usual for NC. Every time we have thunder storms this year, we are out under a severe threat, every time. It has never been this way before, we usually have some rain and thunderstorms that are just normal, but not this year. It seems that the warmer temps on earth are changing the weather every where.

This worries me about hurricane season this year, because they say that a difference of one degree in water temps can change a hurricane from a weak one to a cat 5. I guess all this weather pattern changes across the country are in a way changing some viewing plans.

#2 Heywood

Heywood

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:15 PM

Where I live we are having very hot weather like I have never seen in my life, if memory serves. Every day over 100 degrees F. And no rain. This is not normal. The temp should be about ten degrees cooler.

Edited by Heywood, 23 June 2022 - 09:16 PM.

#3 ram812

ram812

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 23 June 2022 - 09:32 PM

Here on the left coast, which affects the whole of the US we're still in La Nina`, which is throwing everyone off😯. It was cool and wet with the river of moisture for some time but for the 1st. time this year we'll be above 100° for a couple days. Feels good after a long, somewhat mild winter in the PNW. Don't care for the pollen and fire danger though!

CS, Ralph

Edited by ram812, 23 June 2022 - 09:32 PM.

#4 Mossonarock

Mossonarock

Vostok 1

Posted 24 June 2022 - 09:58 AM

This year we have had weather that is not the usual for NC. Every time we have thunder storms this year, we are out under a severe threat, every time.

Last friday, my neighborhood had an extreme storm that lasted about 15 minutes. During that time, we had 60mph winds that broke 18inch diameter branches from trees. Some trees were uprooted. We also had 1.5 inch sized hail and it was enough hail to cover the ground. My neighbor's barn was flattened. We've never seen anything quite like that. As strong as the storm was, it only covered a small area. Indeed, it was weird.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics