•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Fair price for hypertuned CGEM with extra goodies

Equipment Mount SCT Tripod
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spalmer1954

spalmer1954

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 24 June 2022 - 04:50 PM

Hi All,

I have an older CGEM mount that I purchased from a friend who is an accomplished astrophotographer and mechanical engineer. He effectively hypertuned the mount and even went as far to replace the bearings with ceramic bearings. The scope has one or two extra counterweights and ADM knobs and other items like a tripod spreader/brace and an extended counterweight bar.

The mount is in good shape and I have taken good care of it. I might need some adjustments because it has not been used much lately.

My question is:  What is a reasonable price to ask for this mount in the classifieds? 

Thanks,

Steve Palmer

Atlanta

#2 Cyberpapa

Cyberpapa

Lift Off

Posted 24 June 2022 - 05:17 PM

If you are talking about the first version, Mine is very much equal. If you are attempting to buy a newer mount, you will find that your mount is better in many way over a mount costing $2,000. So, it should be worth close to that amount.

In the used market, they run from $750 for someone who don't really know the value of this mount, and is probably selling one they inherited in some way. Upper side at $1500, from someone who's working with it and knows just how well it works.

In my opinion it should sell at $1,200 at todays normal used selling price for a hypertuned CGEM, If you wait for that guy who needs it, or $1,000 to sell it fast.

I hope this helped.

• siriusandthepup and mich_al like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Equipment, Mount, SCT, Tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics