•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 6144 and M4

Astrophotography Beginner Celestron DSLR
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brlasy1

brlasy1

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Texas

Posted 26 June 2022 - 05:02 PM

Experimental image (for me) using 90 short subs (8 seconds), LENR, 4SE mount in Alt-Az mode, AT72EDII, Nikon D5100, SIRIL, and Affinity photo.  

Seeing if I can continue enjoying the AP hobby with easy to set up, luggable equipment and minimal processing, or if I should shift over to EAA with an electronic camera and observation from indoors and screen captures.  Going to try the EAA angle with the 385MC/laptop/Remote Desktop on the next clear night.

Imaging train clearly needs a flattener.  

Image size reduced for posting.

Attached Thumbnails

• M4 Short.jpeg

• D_talley, Ljubo and SchoolMaster like this

#2 SchoolMaster

SchoolMaster

Gemini

• Loc: Florida

Posted 26 June 2022 - 05:17 PM

Do both.  AP sometimes, EAA live capture or casual AP with minimal processing other times.  EAA live capture is magic when others are observing with you and can see the target develop live on the screen.  It is an experience.  AP impresses with its results.  It is a product.

• brlasy1 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Beginner, Celestron, DSLR

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics