•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone have experience with Hubble Newtonian or CDK ?

Astrophotography CMOS EAA Reflector
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GaryShaw

GaryShaw

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Massachusetts / Wyoming

Posted 28 June 2022 - 03:34 PM

Hi All:

I'm considering a Hubble 14" CDK or Hubble 14" Newtonian Astrograph. I have been looking at Planewave 12.5" CDK or another F4 Newtonian from TS Optics in Germany. Until today, I had never heard of Hubble for other than their dobsonians so I'd really appreciate some insights regarding the above two instruments. Informed opinions from non-users are welcome as well. Here's a link the Hubble:

https://www.hubbleop....com/HNA.html#_

Much appreciate it !

Gary

PS : Although I'm asking about the above products in a general way regarding quality and performance, the applications I have in mind center mainly around: 1) EAA observing and 2) Exoplanet and Variable Star science.

#2 truckerfromaustin

truckerfromaustin

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Wherever I park my truck for the night.

Posted 04 July 2022 - 11:36 AM

Chris Westland has reviewed his 14 inch Hubble under the article section - user reviews of cloudy nights. It's a different model, but you can get a good idea about the pros and cons of the brand.

#3 rockstarbill

rockstarbill

Voyager 1

• Loc: United States

Posted 04 July 2022 - 04:14 PM

Chris Westland has reviewed his 14 inch Hubble under the article section - user reviews of cloudy nights. It's a different model, but you can get a good idea about the pros and cons of the brand.

That's a Dob review, or am I missing something?

#4 truckerfromaustin

truckerfromaustin

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Wherever I park my truck for the night.

Posted 04 July 2022 - 08:18 PM

That's a Dob review, or am I missing something?

I mentioned that it was a different model, but it's a good indicator of the build quality and functionality of the brand. The odds of finding a review of a specialized, limited production scope are low.

• CA'nCACalvin likes this

#5 GaryShaw

GaryShaw

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Massachusetts / Wyoming

Posted 05 July 2022 - 07:22 AM

Thank you both for responding. It seems that no one with either of the scopes is passing by this topic. The review article was interesting - thanks Trucker for that.

Gary

• truckerfromaustin likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, CMOS, EAA, Reflector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics