•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Omega Centauri globular cluster

Astrophotography Beginner Cassegrain Celestron CMOS Imaging SCT
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eppur si muove

Eppur si muove

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 June 2022 - 03:14 PM

Ten million stars, the biggest cluster seen from Earth.

Can you find the gaps mentioned by ESO in this link?

https://www.eso.org/.../eso0844a/?lang

Attached Thumbnails

• Omega Centauri globular cluster - NGC 5139.jpg

• pcrichmond likes this

#2 John Miele

John Miele

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: North Alabama

Posted 30 June 2022 - 03:20 PM

I'm sure this has the promise of being a very good image but you seem to have severely clipped the black point to where you have lost all the fainter stars and the background. The glory of the cluster has been sort of taken out of it!

• Eppur si muove likes this

#3 Eppur si muove

Eppur si muove

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:46 AM

I'm sure this has the promise of being a very good image but you seem to have severely clipped the black point to where you have lost all the fainter stars and the background. The glory of the cluster has been sort of taken out of it!

You're right! I tried to get some time on Hubble and Paranal in Chile but they denied my access saying I'm a beginner. So I had to relly on my humble rig and that pic was the best I could perform. Lucky you, that has more resources to do better...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, Beginner, Cassegrain, Celestron, CMOS, Imaging, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics