•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IC 4604 and Friends - Rho Ophiuchi

Astrophotography DSO Imaging Refractor
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cmanley134

cmanley134

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 July 2022 - 11:43 AM

Hi all - just wanted to share my first significant integration with my 294MC Pro and SpaceCat 51. Tough to get detail out of a reflection nebula from my city backyard so I'm pleased overall with how this came out. Including the Astrobin link since it's hard to get anything under 500KB!

https://astrob.in/8jam4m/0/

• Kenny V., Sky King, Vestafjell and 1 other like this

#2 fewayne

fewayne

Vanguard

• Loc: Madison, WI, USA

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:08 PM

I was going to comment that, given the lush tonality, I was really surprised at the lack of blue in the reflection parts of the nebula.

• Jim Waters likes this

#3 cmanley134

cmanley134

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 02 July 2022 - 12:58 PM

I was going to comment that, given the lush tonality, I was really surprised at the lack of blue in the reflection parts of the nebula.

I did my best with the processing here but it was just hard to extract much color out of the image in general. I think the sky conditions were a major limitation but I'm pleased with the level of detail in the dark nebula. 

Edited by cmanley134, 02 July 2022 - 12:59 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, DSO, Imaging, Refractor

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics