•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 3718 LRGB

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 santafe retiree

santafe retiree

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Santa Fe, NM

Posted 02 July 2022 - 11:30 PM

Greetings to all - This Spring in northern New Mexico we have been beset by the largest wildfire in the state's history.  It is also the largest wildfire currently active in the entire United States.  The resulting smoke and weather system disturbances have made it very challenging for me to accomplish any astroimaging.

Our summer rains have also recently returned and the cloud cover has made imaging almost impossible.

Fortunately there have been a few nights where the sky has been clear enough for me to record some of the more photographically challenging and visually odd objects I have been interested in.  I love this unusual galaxy which is also listed as Arp 214 in the Halton Arp Atlas of Peculiar Galaxies, 1966 California Institute of Technology Mt. Wilson and Palomar Observatories.

Gain 121, Offset 40, 24 subs each LRGB, 420 seconds each sub, appx 11 hours total integration time over two weeks - equipment and processing per sig below

C&C welcome

NGC 3718 Lo Res.jpg

• Jim Waters, Ljubo, Mike7Mak and 7 others like this

#2 zoran

zoran

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Zagreb, Croatia

Posted 03 July 2022 - 01:43 AM

Very nice, sharp and colorful!

• santafe retiree likes this

#3 santafe retiree

santafe retiree

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Santa Fe, NM

Posted 03 July 2022 - 08:51 AM

Very nice, sharp and colorful!

Thank you Zoran.  You have a beautiful website!  Cheers,  Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics