•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Disappointed friend, part 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 edcannon

edcannon

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:56 AM

A good friend in another state bought OB 20x80, and it arrived defective or damaged. She got this for the transit of Venus, and now doesn't know if she can get an exchange in time. I sure hope so!

I've been a little concerned that OB will get so popular that they won't be able to check every item they send out. Of course it could have been damaged during shipment. Anyway, she already has a very good tripod and mount, so I hope she gets a good big binocular in time. I suggested Celestron or Barska 15x70 picked out at a store as a possible emergency fall-back. She has older Nikon Action 10x50.

I sure hope the final outcome is positive. I had been telling her in past months all of the good things I had been reading about OB and other inexpensive big binoculars.

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA

#2 Chris_H

Chris_H

Aurora

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:58 AM

Just give Kevin a call and he will probably ship out a new pair right away. I had some problems with mine too and even though I had to send it back from Norway, there was no problems whatsoever (shipping from America to Norway took 4 days).

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:37 PM

I have heard that Kevin provides excellent customer service so I would give him a call to discuss what can be done. That's a real bummer....

#4 edcannon

edcannon

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:28 PM

I'm glad to report that today (Friday) my friend received her replacement Oberwerk 20x80 in good working order. Due to weather she was able only to do a quick daylight terrestrial check and said they looked okay. So this is good news. Now if only the weather there will be good enough for the transit of Venus. Maybe she will even get to test them one evening this weekend, but apparently the forecasts are not good.

Ed Cannon - Austin, Texas, USA

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics