•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Codes for malfunctioning CGEM hand controller

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lee.Wolfson

Lee.Wolfson

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:20 PM

I have been using a CGEM hand controller for the last few weeks where the little plastic spring on the connector has worn out, To keep it in the terminal, I taped across it securely. Eventually it fell out again. After some improvised connections, which didnt work at all, I started getting a message scrolling across the screen saying"No Response 16....No response 17". I spoke to Celestron and they say it could be the hand controller or the mount but because of previous problems, they say it is probably the hand controller. I sent the hand controller to Ed, at Deepspace Products and I am hoping he can check it out and replace the connector. I am very worried that it could be the mount. Could anyone tell me more about this?

#2 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 06 August 2022 - 01:01 PM

Have a look at https://www.nexstarsite.com/

#3 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Somewhere Northwest of Surprise Arizona

Posted 06 August 2022 - 01:55 PM

To get both codes 16 and 17 indicates that the problem is probably in the hand controller and the broken connector is the likely culprit. Relax and you will be back up and running in no time.

Stan

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics