•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Connections between DSLR, Mount, and Guide Scope

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hatflyer

hatflyer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:52 PM

I will have the AZ-GTi mount, a DSLR, and a guide scope.

I know I need to connect the DSLR to the computer via USB. The mount can connect via wifi. What do I connect the guide scope to if I want to use PHD2 within NINA? To the mount or to the computer (which has only 1 USB port)?

Thanks.

#2 vidrazor

vidrazor

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: North Bergen, NJ

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:02 PM

You're better off connecting the mount directly through USB, WiFi tends to drop out, and you would lose control of your mount. Get a USB hub and connect all three to the computer. Load the ASCOM driver for the mount and, if needed, the DSLR. From there follow NINA setups for hardware.

Edited by vidrazor, 05 August 2022 - 09:03 PM.

• hatflyer likes this

#3 hatflyer

hatflyer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:26 PM

You're better off connecting the mount directly through USB, WiFi tends to drop out, and you would lose control of your mount. Get a USB hub and connect all three to the computer. Load the ASCOM driver for the mount and, if needed, the DSLR. From there follow NINA setups for hardware.

I guess the right signals will somehow get to the right place with a hub?

#4 vidrazor

vidrazor

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: North Bergen, NJ

Posted 05 August 2022 - 09:40 PM

I guess the right signals will somehow get to the right place with a hub?

Of course. That's what drivers are for.

#5 hatflyer

hatflyer

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Today, 01:38 PM

How do u connect the AZ-GTi via USB. There seems to be no USB port. Only the hand controller and snap. Is there an adapter for the hand controller port and usb?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics