•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help me chose the ideal osc sensor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calypsob

calypsob

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 06 August 2022 - 01:51 PM

After seeing all of the new ZWO planet cams, I think Im ready to pick something to do planet imaging with. I have a 12” f4 newtonian and an apm 2.7x coma correcting barlow so I will be at F10.8 and a fl of 3,240mm. What osc camera sensor would pair best with my setup for planetary?

#2 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Aurora

• Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:06 PM

After seeing all of the new ZWO planet cams, I think Im ready to pick something to do planet imaging with. I have a 12” f4 newtonian and an apm 2.7x coma correcting barlow so I will be at F10.8 and a fl of 3,240mm. What osc camera sensor would pair best with my setup for planetary?

At f/10.8 your set-up is screaming for the ASI678MC!!!  Almost spot on 5x pixel size for that camera.

• RedLionNJ and calypsob like this

#3 calypsob

calypsob

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: Virginia

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:10 PM

At f/10.8 your set-up is screaming for the ASI678MC!!!  Almost spot on 5x pixel size for that camera.

Sweet, thats the one I was eyeballing

#4 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Aurora

• Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 06 August 2022 - 02:30 PM

Sweet, thats the one I was eyeballing

I've had mine for about a month been imaging at both f/10 and f/15.  Plenty of posts of mine floating about for your to evaluate.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics