•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

9 Aug 2022 FD Ha: Morse code message?

Smartphone AP Solar
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Siderius

Siderius

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central California

Posted 09 August 2022 - 11:48 PM

I need a way to quantify my seeing. It was clear today, and I thought the seeing was pretty good, objectively better than what meteoblue was saying, around 2 arc-sec. Anywho, I captured lots of sharp (for me) frames today. Not a lot of action today, but I think the parallel filaments are interesting, and with the sunspots look like dashes and dots.

9 Aug2022 18_47_30.jpeg

Lunt LS80T Hα, B1200, TV 20 mm Plössl, my phone holder, iPhone 13 Pro Max 3x camera, ProCam 8. Edits in Photos.

• peterm, rigel123, hopskipson and 5 others like this

#2 bigdob24

bigdob24

Vanguard

• Loc: Central Illinois

Posted 10 August 2022 - 07:48 AM

Nice capture with your phone, interesting looking disk

Im setting up today and will give it a try.

I was all set to buy a Solar Scintillation Monitor to look at seeing conditions only to find they stoped production. One came up for sale here and I was asking the seller questions and someone just slipped in and bought it , lesion learned .

• Siderius likes this

#3 Siderius

Siderius

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Central California

Posted 11 August 2022 - 12:03 AM

10 August update: New characters! Dash-dot ('N') has changed to dash-dash-dot ('G'). Two pairs of cloud-like filaments in the east.

10 Aug 2022 18:27:09 UT

10Aug2022_18_27.jpeg

• hopskipson likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smartphone AP, Solar

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics