•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Animations from this morning Up Over uʍop ɹǝpun

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peterm

peterm

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Posted 10 August 2022 - 02:25 AM

Howdy CN Sunlovers,

Managed a few animations this morning under less than ideal conditions (mainly wind).

This 50 minutes was of the SW Prominences and captured UT 2022/08/09 between 22:28 to 23:20

get.jpg?insecure

This 50 minutes was of the Western region and captured UT 2022/08/09 &10  between 23:43 to 00:35

get.jpg?insecure

Thanks for looking.

Peter

Attached Thumbnails

• A.jpg
  • B.jpg
  • D.JPG

• rigel123, hopskipson, Siderius and 4 others like this

#2 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 10 August 2022 - 05:57 AM

Wonderful animations Peter!  Great use of color in the first one.  Is the first one possibly running in reverse as typically I see plasma such as seen on the far right raining down to the surface rather than away from it but if it is a surge prom then the plasma flying away makes sense.

• peterm and BillHarris like this

#3 Averton

Averton

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 10 August 2022 - 08:24 AM

Great animations Peter!  Specially like the south west prom area, so  much going on :)

• peterm likes this

#4 peterm

peterm

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:26 PM

Wonderful animations Peter!  Great use of color in the first one.  Is the first one possibly running in reverse as typically I see plasma such as seen on the far right raining down to the surface rather than away from it but if it is a surge prom then the plasma flying away makes sense.

Thanks for this Warren, hmmm I think you may well be right! I am just going back over the steps I did yesterday as I changed some settings in GIMP.  Will report back here.....

Well you were spot on Warren and I know exactly what I did wrong! Thanks so much for alerting me, I have a note to self to check what I have changed in GIMP.  Here is the corrected animation and now we have plasma rain! Much improved.

Click on image to go to my Astrobin page

get.jpg?insecure

Best,

Peter

Edited by peterm, 10 August 2022 - 07:14 PM.

• rigel123 and Siderius like this

#5 peterm

peterm

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 August 2022 - 04:31 PM

Great animations Peter!  Specially like the south west prom area, so  much going on smile.gif

Thanks Clare & Peter. Animations are so much fun for me and they allow me to demonstrate to my granddaughters just how dynamic this huge ball in the Sky is, indeed the whole Sky above them. I can't wait until Solar Maximum really gets going, so glad I can have this lead up time to practice.

• rigel123, Siderius and Averton like this

#6 rigel123

rigel123

ISS

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 10 August 2022 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for this Warren, hmmm I think you may well be right! I am just going back over the steps I did yesterday as I changed some settings in GIMP.  Will report back here.....

Well you were spot on Warren and I know exactly what I did wrong! Thanks so much for alerting me, I have a note to self to check what I have changed in GIMP.  Here is the corrected animation and now we have plasma rain! Much improved.

Click on image to go to my Astrobin page

get.jpg?insecure

Best,

Peter

That’s great, the little surge prom in the middle is sweet too!

• peterm likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics