Got done watching the final of Better Call Saul, and outside I went. GPS would not connect (but I left it "hooked up"), so I just input the time/date and used Portland as the location did an align, and then fired up the camera and computer. No plate solve Mr. SharpCap told me. Did a goto to one of the alignment stars and nothing but space. Tried a new alignment, GPS still not working so I did a one star and Plate solved on that star. Nothing but "not enough stars", I could only see about 80 using 6 seconds @ 500 gain:(
Tried a Plate Solve after just a reboot. Nothing . Turned off the use GPS function (but sill plugged in) and reboot mount. Input time and location, did alignment on Polaris, plate solved and then use SkyTools to find my target galaxy in Pegasus. 11 degrees off according to the Plate Solve. Did 10 minutes and shut the system down ready to call it a night, never had this problem in three years, but I did originally have the GPS in the guide connection on the SE mount I saw when ready to put the mount away. Thought I had killed it and maybe the mount internals also:(. Then I saw Jupiter in one of my two 60 minute holes, and thought, try one more time. Hook up the GPS again and reboot the mount and my laptop. Told the SE I was going to do a one star align (already in alignment for Polaris). In 20 seconds the GPS worked, HC said press align when Polaris is centered. Plate solved the image, and off to Jupiter the scope went. First time viewing a planet in about 7 years.
With only the 30mm Ultima / diagonal I use for visual alignment on the Fr6.3 scope, I got a small image with the moons and the two cloud bands when I put the diagonal in to replace the camera. Cool end to a "my fault" frustrating night. First error in a very long time, at least I didn't fry the GPS unit or mount, and I got my galaxy as well as a revisit to Jupiter.
3 days to clear skies again.....always hopeful.....