•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Autostakkert!3

Software
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yewyuee

yewyuee

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:03 AM

Dear All,

AS!3 (latest version) has been running fine but today, nothing (no files) gets saved in the AS_P folder created after the stack.

Tried deleting the whole downloaded Autostakkert!3 folder, restart computer, on/off anti-virus, ensure no hidden folders/files attributes but just could get it to work.

Any suggestions/workarounds please?

Thank you.

#2 dswtan

dswtan

Apollo

• Loc: Morgan Hill, CA

Posted 18 August 2022 - 02:13 AM

Well, have you selected the number or % of frames that you want by turning them green?

Attached Thumbnails

• AS3.png

#3 Sunspot

Sunspot

Voyager 1

• Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 18 August 2022 - 07:11 AM

Just a thought, if you are trying to stack more frames than are contained in the .avi nothing will happen. The other day I accidentally tried to stack 4999 frames, but the avi only contained 3000 frames. Nothing happened. Just one little annoyance I hope gets addressed in the next update...a little popup the says "You are trying to stack 4999 frames, but your stack only has 3000 frames" or something like that. Like I said, just a thought.

• RedLionNJ likes this

#4 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Waxahachie, TX

Posted 18 August 2022 - 12:12 PM

Make sure the box is checked to save the files to folders.  I usually keep mine turned off.  Have you found the files somewhere else on your computer??  I suspect that could be your issue.  Twice I've had AS!3 reset itself to the default setting which I think writes the files to your User folder on your c: drive.  I usually just have AS!3 place the file next to the video files itself which Firecapture writes to my Documents folder.  There's a toggle in one of the menus in AS!3.

#5 yewyuee

yewyuee

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Singapore

Posted 18 August 2022 - 05:54 PM

Dear All,

I have tried all the above and it’s still a no go.
(I have used the same set of data the evening before and it was good).

I’m trying to see if the developer (software) has a forum/help line. It seems to affect certain users albeit a very small sample.

Many thanks to all.

Meanwhile, I’ll probably make do with learning another (e.g. AstroSurface) to be used after the PIPP stage.

Many thanks to all.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics