•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2022 Eastern Iowa Star Party

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Aurora

• topic starter
  • Loc: Iowa, USA

Posted 18 August 2022 - 09:19 AM

Hi all!

The Quad Cities Astronomical Society is holding its annual star party, the Eastern Iowa Star Party, on the evenings of September 23rd, 24th, and 25th.

This year's event is being held fee free, however, donations are always welcome to help defray costs and support the QCAS Observatory Relocation Project...

As we are in the post COVID recovery mode, this will be a simple event... no formal guest speakers, although we will talk a little about our exciting plans for the site, and I'll give a demo of the new remote accessible Wilton School Observatory... and maybe even a field trip there if we have the interest.

The site has a climate controlled class room with both men and women's restrooms, electricity to various locations on the field, and is near the Dixon Legion for great burgers and such...

I would like RSVP's by Sept 1 if possible... and those that email me before then will be entered in a raffle.

For more info, IM me and I'll get you my email address for more info. 

The site is called the Menke Observatory which is located at the Wapsi River Environmental Educational Center, which is just outside of Dixon, Iowa.

A Google Map link to the site is as follows: https://goo.gl/maps/svKoY9kGvQ6sQuaN8

Hope to see ya there!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20220818_092414.jpg

• Diana N likes this

#2 Diana N

Diana N

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Omaha, Nebraska

Posted 18 August 2022 - 05:13 PM

Alas, I can't make it this year, but I'd love to send a donation anyway.  Where and how should I send one?

Maybe I'll have better luck next year and be able to go.

• Bob W4 likes this

#3 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 18 August 2022 - 05:35 PM

That is so kind of you!

Quad Cities Astronomical Society
Attn: Jeff
PO Box 3706
Davenport, IA

It will be great to see you next time!
  • Diana N likes this

#4 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Aurora

• topic starter

Posted 12 September 2022 - 11:07 PM

EISP Registrants!

Please check your email for information and questionnaire!!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics