•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help me identify this vintage mount please.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

Vendor - Galactic Stone & Ironworks

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

I scored this at auction yesterday and I do not know exactly what type of mount it is. It looks familiar, as if I have seen a photo of it before, perhaps in this forum. It is certainly an older mount and tripod. I already have a similar but somewhat smaller Sears/Tasco style EQ 2 (or is it a beefy EQ 1?)

I am thinking I may keep the best mount of the two and put my 90mm short tube on it.

Clear dark vintage skies...

MikeG

Attached Thumbnails

• 1249632-mount1.JPG

#2 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Another -

Attached Thumbnails

• 1249634-mount2.JPG

#3 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:35 AM

One more -

Attached Thumbnails

• 1249635-mount3.JPG

#4 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

By the way guys, let me ask the group something :

I have jumped into the vintage gear market and I am actively trolling all the usual suspects online for stuff I can use. I do this for several hours a day, since I have no social life whatsoever. ;)

What I am getting at is this : is it OK with you folks if I post some interesting eBay/Yahoo/WhereEver finds in this forum for the group's use? I do not have "deep pockets" when it comes to buying gear, so I routinely run across antique/collectible/rare/vintage scopes and gear that are FAR outside my price range. But, some of this stuff may be of interesting to other collectors in this group. Would it be considered an OK thing to post these items in here, or would that be considered "noise" and a distraction in the forum?

Thanks for providing this aspiring/budding gearhead with knowledge and inspiration.

Clear dark vintage skies...

MikeG

#5 microbes

microbes

Apollo

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:55 AM

The mount looks like an EQ1 to me, but the counter weight is larger diameter than any I've seen on an EQ1.

#6 Glassthrower

Glassthrower

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:11 AM

Yeah, the counterweight is actually what caught my eye. My current little EQ mount is pretty sturdy and tracks well with no play in the gears. But, I don't have the counterweight. I need one. So, if worse comes to worse, I have a counterweight.

Clear dark skies...

MikeG

#7 Clive Gibbons

Clive Gibbons

Mostly Harmless

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:41 AM

The mount looks like an EQ1 to me, but the counter weight is larger diameter than any I've seen on an EQ1.

Yup, looks like an EQ1 .

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics