•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade 20mm Super Plossl MIJ hard to find?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MortonH

MortonH

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:14 PM

A few months ago I bought a couple of old Meade eyepieces and it started a quest to collect all the 1.25" Super Plossls (Japan only).  I now have a mix of four and five element versions but the 20mm is proving to be elusive.  Are there fewer of this one around?  Or is it a popular focal length that people tend to hold on to?  A search of the CN classifieds showed a few but not many.

I've now posted a wanted ad on CN but since I'm in Australia it might be a bit too expensive.  Maybe I just need to be patient...

#2 Starman1

Starman1

Stargeezer

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted Yesterday, 01:33 PM

20mm and 30mm are very popular sizes.

They match up with a lot of scopes well.

Now, because they're popular, a lot are sold.

So you should see a lot more available than are, so I suspect you're right--that most people hold on to them.

• MortonH likes this

#3 MortonH

MortonH

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 PM

Fortunately I have a nice Tele Vue 21mm smoothie to fill the gap for now. smile.gif

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics