•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Hoping for excellent seeing conditions tomorrow night

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grif 678

grif 678

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 22 September 2022 - 08:18 PM

Finally, it is cooling off here in NC. We have had upper 90's this month, 98 degrees today, but the first real cold front is coming through now, suppose to be in the low 70's tomorrow. I went out several minutes ago, feeling the good cool air, but the atmosphere is boiling, with the hot air and cool air still mixing. No storms or clouds, but the air differences are causing a lot of boiling here. Hopefully tomorrow, all the hot air will be well to our south, and all the air will be cool, so maybe the boiling will be gone, and we will have a cool, steady atmosphere. Also cool enough for the mosquitoes to not be a problem. Also the air will be cleaner and darker with a new moon.

#2 12BH7

12BH7

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: North of Phoenix Arizona

Posted 22 September 2022 - 09:44 PM

Typically the atmosphere is pretty turbulent until the real cool air comes in. But heck, it's just great to get the dust off the old scope and give the universe a peek.

Good luck and I hope you get some mosquito free EP time in. If not the planets are coming up and they're always a crowd pleaser.

#3 daveb2022

daveb2022

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: NOR-CAL

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:34 PM

Same here in central CA. Finally got a break from the heat after a front came through and cooled things off. Last night there were no clouds, light winds and temps in the 60's and 70's. It was the first time I've set up in my backyard this summer. Seeing was above average...nice night. Looking forward to fall but it will probably heat back up until mid October rolls around. Last night was just too nice to resist.

backyard.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics