•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

mouting 10micron GM2000hps on ATS 8x48" portable pier

Accessories Mount Tripod
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wen_astroevo

wen_astroevo

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago/Boston

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:49 PM

Hello,

I am preparing to mount the 10u GM2000HPS II Combi on my ATS 8x48" portable pier. The ATS now has (I think) Astro-Physcis 119FSA-FP and 119FSA adapters to accept my A-P 900GTO. I wonder what adapters are needed to mount the GM2000?

ATS makes a pier adapter for GM2000 (https://www.advanced...mmendations.php), but I think GM2000 also comes with 2 adapters --

1. 10M-2090 - 10Micron Steel Pier Adapter Flange for the 2000HPS Mounts

2. 10M-2095 - 10Micron Base Adapter Flange for the 2000HPS Mounts

I'm completely clueless and wonder if anyone might know the answer?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Clear skies,

Vincent

#2 Codbear

Codbear

Apollo

• Loc: Novato, CA

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 AM

Vincent,

I had a 10Micron AZ2000, which has the same base configuration as the GM2000 (btw I sold it because I rolled up to an AZ3000 - these are amazing mounts!).

The mount I replaced the AZ2000 with was an AP1100 that I had sold, and my pier is an 10x42 "ATS permanent pier. I remember going through the same thought process as you.

What I discovered was that the holes in the silver steel adapter plate did not line up with any of the holes in the top plate of the ATS pier.

However, as I discovered by just plain messing around, 4 holes in one of the 119 adapters you mentioned in your post ( I think it was the FSA but not sure) lined up perfectly with the 4 holes at the base of the AZ2000 mount. 

I was nervous about using the standard 1/4x20 bolts that were something like 3/4" long so I ordered about 20 of the threaded bolts of varying lengths and ended up using ( I believe) bolts that were about 1 1/2" in length.

The setup worked fantastically until I sold the setup a few months ago and am waiting for my Pier-Tech 3 to arrive. Btw I sent the AZ3000 silver steel adapter plate to Pier-Tech so they could drill the appropriate holes to ensure a match!

If you have more questions, I'll do my best to remember.

Take care,

Sam

• wen_astroevo likes this

#3 wen_astroevo

wen_astroevo

Lift Off

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago/Boston

Posted Today, 02:44 PM

Hi Sam,

Thank you so much for your kind help; This is really helpful! And congratulations on your new mounts! I am so excited about getting a 10u mount.

I plan to test the GM2000 on my ATS pier as a portable setup before sending it to a future Texas observatory; so I don't fell justified buying the $4500 10Micron CENTAURUS II Tripod just to use it for a few months...

BTW have you considered the ATS pier adapter for 10micron mounts -- https://www.advanced...endations.php? 

Best,

Vincent

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accessories, Mount, Tripod

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics