•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 22/9/22

Astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RodgerDodger008

RodgerDodger008

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Perth, Australia

Posted 23 September 2022 - 06:43 AM

Manual 8 inch dob, ASI585MC, 2x Barlow to reach around F12 (FC calculated F15).

Seeing was average at best, probably below average as struggled to see the Cassini division through my eyepieces, transparency was good. Took 9 SER captures of Jupiter and 1 Saturn. My earlier Jupiter captures of the GRS at +- 30 degrees were better than my last attempt but not good enough to post. 

Image below of Jupiter is around 50 degrees but not my best for sure and probably slightly overcooked but it is a learning experience. 

Must say Saturn at 64 degrees is a real challenge to track with a cam on a manual dob. Proved to myself it was possible and if seeing was excellent I would have taken more SER of Saturn as would expect great results that high, ultimately the effort required to track that high on my dob with seeing only being average I decided to just focus on Jupiter.

This image was the best of the 9, by no means great but overall happy I got something before another week of clouds :-) 

Attached Thumbnails

• 7.1. 2022-09-22-1504_1-JL-G-Jup_AS_P25_lapl6_ap59.jpg

• Sunspot, Dean Norris, KpS and 2 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics