•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

what front end to use for ansvr

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brebisson

brebisson

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:08 PM

Hello,

i have ansvr installed on my local computer, but what is the simplest front end to use to access it? something as simple as possible to get an image solved?

Thanks,

Cyrille

#2 Tapio

Tapio

Fly Me to the Moon

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 23 September 2022 - 03:20 PM

Do you want stand alone version - and not that is integrated with image sequencer ?

I recommend ASTAP. You can use ansvr with it but I think it's own plate solver is better,

#3 brebisson

brebisson

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2022 - 03:10 AM

Hello,

ASTAP has/is it's own solver... But it is not as good as astrometry.net. by a lot.

I am absolutely flabbergasted by how good astrometry.net is. You can send him absolutely disgusting raw images with barely any star visible, noise up the wazoo... and it tells you where you are. An absolute beauty (and I am talking blind solving here!)....

Anyhow, I am starting in astrophotography and my EQ3 mount can "follow", but does not goto... An my camera is a narrow field. As a result, I need to do the "goto" by hand. Normally, I would take a picture, send to atromertry, find where I am compared with where I want to go (and Astrometry provides a nice picture of where the picture is in the sky)... so easy to then move my scope...

But I don't want to overload their servers and I would rather do it in local for when internet is crap...

Cyrille

#4 S.Boerner

S.Boerner

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Chesterfield, MO

Posted 24 September 2022 - 07:49 AM

Well there is this:  "How to use the astrometry.net plate solver with Ubuntu Linux"  but it is command line.  It runs astrometry.net in either cygwin (via an ansvr install) or wsl in Windows 11 with the install astrometry.net described there.  I just tried both with a fit file using

$ solve-field -D solve-output NGC410.fit  

and they both worked.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics