I have this mount but use the regular SynScan app. with an iPhone. It does seem like something's wrong with the app. Removing and reinstalling might fix it. Try that first as it won't hurt.
Following every step carefully solved my problems with this mount. It's a WiFi phone app. connected to a mechanical mount. Lots of failure points. Miss one and it's a no-go. This is my step by step:
1) turn on mount and connect to WiFi...SynScan_8f50
2) open SynScan on phone
3) touch alignment symbol... the telescope
4) choose North-level alignment
5) I use Polaris as first star
6) choose 2nd star in southerly direction
7) begin alignment
8) physically level the telescope!
9) point it to true north
10) tighten both clutches!!
11) center Polaris using a high power eyepiece
12) finish with up and right keys
13) same procedure with 2nd star
14 )always finish the centering with up & right keys
Forgetting to tighten both clutches and physically level the telescope were my mistakes. It drove me crazy. Loose clutches cause no scope movement and not leveling the scope causes wild movements. It works fine now that I follow all the steps. Centering Polaris exactly will give you more accurate finding objects. Take your time with this.
Best of luck to you and I hope this helps
Edited by sevenofnine, 23 September 2022 - 09:01 PM.