•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can I use a focuser with a 96.6mm flange in a tube that is 98mm?

3d printing Refractor Equipment
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 747Flyer

747Flyer

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 September 2022 - 11:56 PM

I have an Explore Scientific AR102 that I would like to put a GSO 2" EAF Compatible Crayford Focuser into.  It has a 96.6mm flange, but my tube is 98mm in diameter.  Would it be acceptable to print a 0.7mm wide adapter flange to accommodate the 1.4mm diameter difference?  Has anyone tried something like this?  I want to upgrade my focuser and be able to add and ZWO Electronic Automatic Focuser.

#2 betacygni

betacygni

Apollo

Posted 25 September 2022 - 12:59 AM

Did you measure the inside or outside diameter of the tube? You’d of course want to use the inside measurement for the tube and compare that to the outside of the flange, if you didn’t already do that. The other thing to consider is if the flange mounting method is the same (screws vs threads), and if they are screws, if the pattern is the same. The GSO focusers typically fit quite a few Chinese imports, sadly not sure if you’re ES would be one of them.

Edited by betacygni, 25 September 2022 - 01:01 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3d printing, Refractor, Equipment

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics