Greetings CN, I recently ended up selling my C8 OTA (on manual EQ mount) and picked up a lightly used C8 + Evolution mount (thanks CN for recommending this path instead of trying to buy a mount on its own).
Scope came with - Apertura 9-27mm Eyepiece, Optolong UHC and variable polarizing filters and 1.25" diagonal
I had a few questions about upgrades and included accessories for urban viewing:
1. What situations are the Polarizing and UHC filters idea for? (i'm in texas suburbs with lots of light pollution)
2. Whats a good compliment to the Apertura Eyepiece on the 1.25" diagonal?
3. I'm debating getting a 2" diagonal - looking for the most cost effective suggestion for this and couple of eyepieces
4. Will the 2" diagonal be a worthy upgrade or will it not matter much for visual?
5. Is a field flatenner of any use for visual?
Questions about Piggy back and AP potential:
1. Is investing in a 80mm Triplet worth it for basic AP/portable run and gun type combo on the Evo mount? (thinking of AT80EDT or ES80ED)
2. This is one of the reasons for the 2" eyepieces because I can swap between the SCT and ED triplet
I understand that deep sky AP is not recommended on the EVO mount, but the way I see it I want to test the waters first into how invested I'd be and I was thinking the C8 + small 80mm Refractor would be a good combo to sort of serve both purposes without spending more on mounts upfront. I also don't have a dedicated AP camera or anything, my plan was to use my A7Riii with a T-adapter. Open to suggestions though
Thanks and looking forward to a good discussion.