•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer GTI and Stellarmate

Mount
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ensless409

Ensless409

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2022 - 10:02 PM

Hi all,

I recently ordered a Star Adventurer GTI and was looking to use Stellarmate as part of my setup. By chance has anyone had any success using WiFi to connect the Stellarmate to the mount? It appears that there aren't any drivers in EKOS yet, but wasn't sure if EQmod would work over WiFi instead. Has anyone had any luck?

#2 Tom3

Tom3

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 26 September 2022 - 11:32 PM

I think the Star Adventurer GTI I too new to be supported by StellarMate.

Tom

• Ensless409 likes this

#3 Haggish59

Haggish59

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Norway

Posted 20 October 2022 - 08:15 AM

Hi, 
Just got an Star Adventurer GTI myself. And I have the same question, but I’m trying with USB cable.

I can see that the ZWO AM5 is in the list, and that is new to, so why not the GTI ?

#4 GOLundby

GOLundby

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 October 2022 - 02:23 AM

ME TOO! Trying to connect my GTI with Stellarmate OS 64bit newest version.

Firstly I need to know how to connect:

1. Via WiFi in station mode to local router (IP and portnumber)? 

2. Via USB cable as serial device? 

3. Someone mention via USB to hand controller port?

I would prefer 2. Trying that I get no connection regardless of which driver I select EQMOD, SYNSCAN... In control panel I can see the USB device but in white: STM32 Virtual Com Port.

Now I got one step closer. I downloaded Synscan PRO for my PC and there is a new button under connection allowing to choose USB as communication and to set the USB port number. I set it to 3 and could merrily connect to it on serial with the Syncan PRO for windows.

Merrily I plugged it into the RPi but no connection no device. It looks like there is no initialisation of device - serial USB recognised by the RPi. (From window we know that it makes a serial port.)

Edited by GOLundby, 22 October 2022 - 03:23 AM.

#5 Raginar

Raginar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Louisiana

Posted 22 October 2022 - 10:34 AM

There’s a thread on the stellarmate Facebook group explaining how to do this. WiFi or cable.

#6 Radinkel

Radinkel

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 29 October 2022 - 03:17 PM

To connect the mount to asiair / stellarmate / android via wifi you have to bring the star adventurer gti into STATION MODE (by default its in AP- /AccessPoint-Mode, the mount creates its own network). This is possible for example for the star adventurer AZ gti, see attach. But there is a bug in the firmware, all station mode settings are "grey" and you can't get access. I told the issue to the dealer, but no fix yet.

cs Ralf

Attached Files

• Raginar likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics