•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Having Guiding Issues Tonight

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AstronomyGuru37

AstronomyGuru37

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 September 2022 - 11:36 PM

My guiding is giving me some issues tonight. I have the ASiair plus. ASI120 mini in a William Optics 50/200 guide scope. My mount is the EQ6-R pro. My PA is great and my tracking is great. Everything I slew to is dead center. I'm tracking the Veil nebula at the moment. Once I slew to the object I go to guiding. I hit looping, I select a star and hit the guiding button but it doesn't calibrate. It goes directly into guiding and my graph is all over the place. Shouldn’t it take several minutes to calibrate? I’ve tried different stars. Is there something off with my settings maybe. I haven’t changed anything from my last session when my guiding was great.

#2 Ljubo

Ljubo

Mariner 2

Posted 27 September 2022 - 01:18 AM

It looks like you have your calibration opted as "use as in previous session" in ASIAIR. That was happening to me last time I used ASIAIR. If so, you have to uncheck that option so you can start over with new calibration.

• Chrisofweden likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics