•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help identifying a spotting scope marked (Japan kenko optics)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Supernova74

Supernova74

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter
  • Loc: Epsom surrey near (London)

Posted 27 September 2022 - 10:19 AM

Hi guys I will try and download some pictures later on this evening which admittedly will help identifying this spotting scope.ive come across an item on Facebook market place which looks very intriguing and interesting looking.the scope which I’m assuming is a spotting scope of some description is all in silver or dark gray in colour and has a mini tripod and a revolving turret which seems to consist of x4 eyepieces.ive spoken to the seller very briefly and has agreed to forward some pics to me.the seller also did say it has a made in Japan logo stamped and the optics are named kenko optics.so for a more kind of novelty kind of aspect is this little scope any good optically and is it worth purchasing one at the right price.

Edited by Supernova74, 27 September 2022 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Kasmos

Kasmos

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: So Cal

Posted 27 September 2022 - 02:59 PM

Others have bought some good ones but from my experience with a (circle K) Kenko telescope, I'd never buy one again. Totally unusable as delivered. Had to replace the terrible objective and file the castings in several places to make the mount work.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics