•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Light Quattro 150P Fish Head and Melotte 15

Astrophotography CMOS DSO Imaging Reflector
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robservatory

Robservatory

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:41 PM

My first light image of IC1805 with the new Sky-Watcher Quattro 150P, and also the first image with my new ZWO AM5. This is 3 nights of imaging with the ASI183MM Pro and Antlia 3nm Pro filters totalling 18.4 hours of exposure. Bortle 8/9 zone. Autofocus was off on my RGB stars, so this is SHO only. Processing still needs to be redone but I'm happy with this first result and looking forward to shooting Orion and the Horse Head with this bad boy. 

IC1805_Rob_Lyons.jpg?format=1500w

• Peds, psandelle, Andreas_Roerig and 16 others like this

#2 licho52

licho52

Messenger

• -----

Posted 28 September 2022 - 07:36 PM

I have one of these but haven't put it to use yet, how did you go about collimating it if you don't mind sharing?

#3 Robservatory

Robservatory

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Posted 28 September 2022 - 08:34 PM

I have one of these but haven't put it to use yet, how did you go about collimating it if you don't mind sharing?

I use the Hotech crosshair laser collimator, seems to be ok. I have a touch of coma on the right side of my frame, but Astro Pixel Processor seems to have smoothed it out in the stack.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, CMOS, DSO, Imaging, Reflector

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics