•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Pixinsight won’t WBPP L-enhance and L- extreme lights

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 poofer

poofer

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:55 AM

I imaged the Horsehead yesterday. C8-ALT, .63 reducer, ZWO 294MC Pro. Using APT for capture. My lights were L-enhance 20 frames and 20 frames with L- extreme filter. When I used WBPP to integrate, it failed on the L- extreme shots ( no active frames). L-extreme lights were darker than l- enhance. 180 sec exp, 120 gain, both filters. The L- enhance lights integrated perfectly by themselves. L-extreme by themselves failed. Thanks! Pat

• pyrasanth likes this

#2 pyrasanth

pyrasanth

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:39 AM

I would calibrate with WBPP then register outside of WBPP. WBPP works with the majority of inputs however it isn't perfect and perceived low signal can stump it.

#3 James Peirce

James Peirce

Messenger

• Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:51 AM

The console should show you what went wrong. Getting that information would be an important part of giving feedback.

Also, this is a problematic way to combine information. Both of those filters will produce frames with significantly different signal, which will interfere with rejection algorithms and selectively cut signal. It may make more sense to stack the sessions separately and combine the registered integrations.

#4 unimatrix0

unimatrix0

Gemini

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:41 AM

WBPP picks 1 sub for reference and anything doesn't get too close to it will be rejected. 

So it picked one of the higher SNR subs and of course it will dump all the narrowband images. 

Also, both filters needs separate flats for each. 

This would be 2 sessions for me and process them as separate sessions and mark calibrate per session also. 

https://youtu.be/b0SIwAz3lZQ

#5 poofer

poofer

Explorer 1

• topic starter

Posted 29 September 2022 - 12:00 PM

Thanks all! I understand what’s going on. Pat

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics