•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Multiple scopes with Sky Safari pro 6

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lightcatcher

lightcatcher

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:45 PM

Can you have two different scopes set up in Sky Safari 6 Pro without losing your current telescope configuration? I have it currently setup with my Sky-Watcher 8" Dob as a "PUSH TO" and Nexus II.  I was curious if you could attempt to add another scope in Sky Safari without losing all of the set up Data/ configuration.  Is this just something that I will have to configure every time a switch is made? 

I though about this because I went out with a friend and he has a Sky-Watcher 12" dob flextube "GOTO" with SynScan and accompanying app.  I Brought my laptop with Sky Safari and we used it as our sky chart but it would have been awesome to use it with the GOTO SynScan.  I just did not want to lose my original setup.  

Thanks!  

#2 wrvond

wrvond

Aurora

• Loc: Leon, West Virginia

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:57 PM

In all the versions of SkySafari I've ever had (several) I've always had all my GoTo telescopes configured and could select and control any one at any time. What you can't do is control more than one at the same time.

#3 lightcatcher

lightcatcher

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:16 PM

In all the versions of SkySafari I've ever had (several) I've always had all my GoTo telescopes configured and could select and control any one at any time. What you can't do is control more than one at the same time.

I added a scope under "telescope" then "equipment tab, however the "setup" tab was still configured for the original scope.  I do not see any options to switch or choose between scopes.  

Do all your scopes use the same GOTO program, such as SYNSCAN?  

Do you have to choose the Equipment manually when you fire up sky Safari and connect your scope?  

#4 wrvond

wrvond

Aurora

• Loc: Leon, West Virginia

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:43 PM

Setup is where you select the interface between your telescope and tablet/phone. When you select “telescope” on the menu bar and it opens “connect and align” etc. that is using the connection device listed in setup.

Selecting “scope type” will allow you to choose the wifi device.

ADCAA81B-91C0-4544-92B5-F7DBC153E69C.png

When you select “observe” that is where you choose your telescope and eyepiece, this only affects the view presented within SS.

96F47845-A93D-496F-B836-5C2F946CF33F.png

Edited by wrvond, 29 September 2022 - 09:45 PM.

#5 Raginar

Raginar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Louisiana

Posted 30 September 2022 - 09:01 AM

Can you have two different scopes set up in Sky Safari 6 Pro without losing your current telescope configuration? I have it currently setup with my Sky-Watcher 8" Dob as a "PUSH TO" and Nexus II.  I was curious if you could attempt to add another scope in Sky Safari without losing all of the set up Data/ configuration.  Is this just something that I will have to configure every time a switch is made? 

I though about this because I went out with a friend and he has a Sky-Watcher 12" dob flextube "GOTO" with SynScan and accompanying app.  I Brought my laptop with Sky Safari and we used it as our sky chart but it would have been awesome to use it with the GOTO SynScan.  I just did not want to lose my original setup.  

Thanks!  

Yea, you build profiles for them. 

#6 scuba14c

scuba14c

Explorer 1

Posted 11 November 2022 - 07:32 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am having problems setting up 2 mount types within skysafari 6 on Android. My screen looks like the attached picture and it doesn't appear I can have 2 mount types configured. Can anyone help with this? 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20221111_193143_SkySafari 6 Pro.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics