•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Helix Nebula (C63)

Astrophotography DSO Imaging
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JimCase

JimCase

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:58 PM

I am working on the Helix Nebula in narrowband with my OSC camera, and would welcome suggestions for how additional exposures from my Bortle 6/7 sky might improve the image below. This represents 66 x 5 minutes exposure over three nights in the short window when it is available between my roof and my neighbor’s roof this time of year.  While I know that you cannot go wrong with more data, I am not sure how great an improvement I might find if I am able to double the number of exposures for this target.

The image was constructed from an 8” LX200 ACF telescope with an Optec Lepus focal reducer, and a ASI294MC Pro camera, and an Antila ALP-T duo narrowband filter, using an ASIAIR plus controller, an Ioptron CEM40 mount, a ASI294MC-Pro camera, and an ASI OAG with a ASI174mm mini camera for guiding. Processed with APP and PS.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 05AFCF35-637F-4A21-AB40-486CD2B2F2BA.jpeg

• Jim Thommes, Gregory, rwstanley and 8 others like this

#2 JimCase

JimCase

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Southern California

Posted 02 October 2022 - 03:16 PM

I added 23 more frames last night then selected the best 80 based on quality score in APP to produce the image below. Perhaps just a bit improved with more definition.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5BECD301-A267-4716-969E-786B2C4ABEF1.jpeg

Edited by JimCase, 02 October 2022 - 03:18 PM.

• Skyshooter likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Astrophotography, DSO, Imaging

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics