•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

my take on ic63 ghost of cassiopeia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iwannawon

iwannawon

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Red zone, SW Houston, TX

Posted 03 October 2022 - 10:53 PM

i saw an sho version somewhere and really liked it and wanted to give it a try. but after ~6hrs of Oiii (with great weather here and no moon) i saw only the slightest little triangle of signal. so i stopped and processed what i had. maybe i'll revisit and try to add more next new moon.

5.8hr Oiii, 4.8h Sii, 3.6h Ha = 14.2hr total
ts 130mm f/7, 533mm

this is my second attempt using starnet to process nebula starless and add the stars back. with so little Oiii, it's more of an 'alt' version. and did an hss version since i couldn't pull of an hoo.

i didn't specifically try to frame out Gamma Cassiopeiae but that's how it worked out with my camera rotation when i started and i kept it hoping it would make processing easier. but i do miss the contrast with the star a bit compared to other versions i've seen. thoughts? needs the star in frame or the nebula works on its own?

Attached Thumbnails

• sho_alt2scnr-stars.jpg
  • HSS-stars.jpg

• F.Meiresonne, John_Moore, 17.5Dob and 3 others like this

#2 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Cosmos

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 04 October 2022 - 02:53 AM

Quite good, i would think.

Working on that object too but with the data i have now ihave trouble with coloring. And not enough data yet allthough i have about 5.30 hr Ha Luminance andabout 2.30 hr color osc...I took my Askar 90 mm, i should have used my 130 mm F/7 i guess....

Still i thought it would be hardly possible from my backyard , but that was a wrong assumption too...

• iwannawon likes this

#3 Skysmacker

Skysmacker

Ranger 4

• Loc: Bay Area CA

Posted 04 October 2022 - 07:51 AM

Wow, these are very nice! I think you captured the ghostliness of it very well in both. Tough for me to pick which one is better. I’m leaning towards the greenish one…maybe, lol.

nice work and thanks for sharing!

• iwannawon likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics