•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Weird Subexposure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 astrohound24

astrohound24

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:31 PM

Can anyone tell me what happened here? It was one of many 180” exposures. Just one did this out of 60.

Attached Thumbnails

• DA412701-21BE-44AD-80F8-4808DA75595A.jpeg

#2 dswtan

dswtan

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Morgan Hill, CA

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:41 PM

Glitches, gremlins, stuff happens. One-offs. Just roll with them and move on.

If it KEEPS happening, try checking your connections and your power supply. Can also be electrical interference, which is tough to pin down. Replacement cables is an option. Check all software up to date, including drivers.

If that STILL doesn't fix this happening, one of your relevant devices may need replacement/repair, e.g. camera. 

#3 sharkmelley

sharkmelley

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: UK

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:07 AM

Is this from a DSLR camera?  Is it a raw file taken staraight from the camera's memory card?  Is the camera tethered to a computer?  Is it acquired by the computer in some other format e.g. FITs or TIFF?

Mark

#4 joshman

joshman

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Coffs Harbour, NSW

Posted 04 October 2022 - 12:17 AM

If this was shot on your DSLR, and the file was stored on a Compact Flash or SD card in the camera, it might be a sign that your card is potentially damaged ro corrupted.

#5 astrohound24

astrohound24

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Western Kentucky

Posted 04 October 2022 - 09:00 AM

I started using the plan mode on my AA+ the last few nights. The very next night after using it I had to offload whatever images I had on it and then clear the files because it was giving me error messages saying image can’t be saved. Might need to return it back to factory image or something if that is possible, or just have to make sure I clear it before each use.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics