•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 7009 Saturn Nebula

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Joe F Gafford

Joe F Gafford

Aurora

• ****-
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Colorado, US

Posted 05 October 2022 - 02:28 AM

Small, bright object oft mistaken as a star while eyeball observing. This is my better image from past attempts. Taken at Okie-Tex, with a problem with something in my optical train. This affected all of the 21 objects I imaged during this time. Normal Bahtinov focus images, red laptop filter, linear stretch and possibly the physical post operative and neuropathy pain hid the problem until I started to process these images. This one better due to the short exposures. Some detective work to be done. Plenty of suspects in the optical train causing odd lobed comatic flare across the entire field with the brighter stars. Poo.

18" F/4.5 Newtonian with an SBIG ST-2000XM CCD camera. 16 min Ha with 1 min subs, 3 min each LRGB with 20 second subs. Camera binned 1x1 and the image cropped half-frame.

NGC7009Cc_smWeb.jpg

Joe

• TimN, deepwoods1, Gary Riley and 6 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics