•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

"BOL" inside of a Diamond? Japan mark?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#26 dbledsoe

dbledsoe

Apollo

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

[/quote]

Don,

I found a lot of little adjustments to tighten it up.....have to hit that balance between too tight and free to turn the slo-mo. Do you or maybe Steve have the same rotation in azimuth adjustment shown here ? Not sure how to tighten this, as mine rotates slowly. It seems to be a tight mount.

Jae [/quote]

Jae, I'll check mine tonight and get back with you. I haven't really looked at the bottom of the mount yet.

By the way, what is the name on the circle K scope you have pictured of the focuser label, the one with the black crinkle painted focuser and brass name plate? Do you have a pic of the full OTA handy?

Don

#27 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:11 PM

[quote name="dbledsoe"][/quote]

Don,

I found a lot of little adjustments to tighten it up.....have to hit that balance between too tight and free to turn the slo-mo. Do you or maybe Steve have the same rotation in azimuth adjustment shown here ? Not sure how to tighten this, as mine rotates slowly. It seems to be a tight mount.

Jae [/quote]

Jae, I'll check mine tonight and get back with you. I haven't really looked at the bottom of the mount yet.

By the way, what is the name on the circle K scope you have pictured of the focuser label, the one with the black crinkle painted focuser and brass name plate? Do you have a pic of the full OTA handy?

Don [/quote]

Don,
Here's a link with the pictures of the Holmar scope that I was asking about:

http://www.cloudynig...5/o/all/fpart/1

It's the nicest condition of my 60mm vintage scopes and a decent lens. One of those things where once you start exceeding 50x / inch, it starts to get very dim anyway.

#28 hub

hub

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:32 PM

Sorry Jae, I wish I could provide you with a picture, but I don't currently have a digital camera.
If I recall correctly, though, there's a thread somewhere on here that has a picture of a Mayflower sector geared mount. If you recall seeing that one, it's the same mount as the Manon I have. I've also seen a picture of a 60's vintage Skychief Jr. with the same mount.
John

#29 dbledsoe

dbledsoe

Apollo

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:25 PM

Jae,

Well I guess I didn't take a close enough look at the Selsi mount intially. While it appears identical to your Bushnell EQ mount in most respects, it does not have the ability to rotate the EQ head in azmuth about the tripod, hence it does not have the screw underneath. To rotate the scope in azmuth to orient it to north requires that the entire tripod be moved.

The mount for my Tasco D60 f910 does rotate in azmuth independent of the tripod, but it is not at all like your Bushnell when looking from the bottom.

Thank you for the link to the thread on your Holmar. Not sure how I missed that thread other than being down with the flu for the last couple of weeks. That is a beautiful scope and very interesting. I was curious because I have a "Palomar" branded D60 F900 refractor I picked up off of evilbay several months ago that is unlike any Japanese D60 scope I've come across. Unfortunately it is missing some focuser parts and a mount, both of which would appear to be, as I mentioned, quite different than anything I've seen before. :shrug: I belive I can reproduce the missing focuser parts, and possibly the missing mount, but that won't come until I get some of my other "To Do" and "Honey Do" things out of the way. :help:

Don

#30 Selecter

Selecter

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

it has a ball bearing catch then screws on. I would love to see a dedicated sub thread on these scopes. Call it "60mm JAPANESE MADNESS!" or whatever but I think it would help a lot of people.

#31 Steve_M_M

Steve_M_M

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:28 AM

Circle K has lots of possibilities. But, from the early 50's to late 60's it MAY have been early Vixen. John S. and I shared a few images several years ago about the scope pictured here. This is a Circle K that came with a Vixen manual. Research indicated that Vixen may have been Koyu Co Ltd(http://www.company7....en/history.html) before they were Vixen. John had a actual Vixen branded scope that was identical in every way.

Just speculation at best,

Steve

(I will have to add the picture later as it is on my other computer)

Attached Thumbnails

• 1261839-Koyu1.jpg

#32 Selecter

Selecter

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:43 AM

sexy. :smash:

#33 refractory

refractory

Apollo

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:04 PM

She love you long time (or long FL, which amounts to much the same thing)!

Jess Tauber

#34 Jae

Jae

Apollo

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

Here we go the Holmar Circle K - similar angle.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 1263189-IMG_0078 (Small).jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics